Old 10-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Paul Simon

Default Dracula erythrochaete

Hi Mariana,

I have one but can't find a picture at the moment. If I recall, it's on the
dark side, not light pink as some of the photos show.

Paul
"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message
et...
I know that not everyone grows Draculas, but I was kind of hopefull that
someone here would know what's going on and what the Drac should look

like.
Is it possible that amongst the members here I'm the only one that grows
this orchid? Eric have you seen this one, photographed it by any chance?

A very disappointed,
Mariana

"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message
et...
I have a Dracula erythrochaete with 11 spikes (I think one blasted

earlier
today, it's yellowing). I have a slight dilema. Here are a few links

the photo of the orchid. As you can see each photo is quite different.

I'm
a bit confused as to how that's possible. I'm trying to figure out what

it
should look like. Some of these pages claim that it's a native to Costa
Rica, mine says that it's from Colombia!

http://www.lesorb.com/album/dracula/page1.htm
http://www.geocities.com/masdevallia...ochaete-3.html
http://orchids.org/ooc/Genera/Dracul...throchaete.jpg
http://www.hjmillner.freeuk.com/drac_erythroch.jpg

I'm dying of curiousity and my Dracula is taking it's sweet time opening

up.
Meanwhile, will the real Dracula erythrochaete stand up?

Mariana