Old 11-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Frogleg

Default Need help identifying this plant

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:07:10 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
wrote:

Frogleg wrote

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 18:28:02 -0400, "Jim Shaffer, Jr."
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 18:54:45 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

Asparagus fern (sic) is a *desert* plant? Who'd've thunk it? And
what's this about "flowering"?

I had a very old and very very potbound one (as in the rootball forcing

itself
about 2 inches above the top of the pot) that flowered occasionally. It

got
little white flowers that looked like lily of the valley and had a strong

funky
smell sort of like coconut.

Live and learn. :-) Obviously the flowers aren't why people grow this
fern-looking plant. I've killed a number of them, but some were quite
decorative (no blossoms) before I made mistakes.

To think Frogger killed many of them even BEFORE he made mistakes!!!!!

Now that he's making mistakes, how many is he killing?

Don't you be putting Hollandaise sauce on your Asparagus plants!!!!

Re-reading, I see I should have said "before I made mistakes and
killed them, they were attractive, flourishing plants upon which I
never observed blossoms." The OPs picture, with teensy, mini-asparagus
looking stem ends makes me wonder if Hollandaise might be in order.
After all, mini-corn, and (lathed) "baby" carrots are quite popular.
"Asparagus Fern -- the new designer veg!"