Old 11-08-2003, 02:13 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Need filtration system for BIG pond - help!

Well, it's not so much that they're primadonnas as much as they get BIG.
Your goldies achieve what? maybe 10"? That's what a year old koi is. And
they keep growing. I have some that are 24-26" long and still growing. Aside
from overwintering, they need the room to swim and grow. Who wants fat
fish??? They need the exercise area G!

Lee

"Jleag" wrote in message
Thanks Lee! I am in NJ where winter is a factor. I am building this pond
myself. And thanks to all you pond enthusiasts out there who have passed

on
your fast knowledge. You are all just the best! By the way, I kept large
goldfish for 10 years in a 100 gallon pond outside (winter and everything)

only
18" deep at its lowest point, and they lived through it all. Those Koi

must be
the premadonnas of the fish world! Thanks again, I appreciate the help!
Lillie