Old 11-08-2003, 03:05 PM
Tomatolord

Default Nobody here grows potatos?

you wont see any potatoes on the end - they wont grow in the light -only in
the dirt in the dark, so you need to cover the plant in order to get
potatoes

"Kira Dirlik" !! wrote in message
Thanks for the info. They just keep send out the ends of their stems,
continue to bloom, and the patch gets wider and wider. I don't see
any potatoes on the exposed stems.
I can see where the tires are a very good idea.... that would contain
the space they use, and keep those lengthening stems underground.
Well, I guess I will just wait til it all dies back and start digging.
They are still getting lots of new leaves and flowers.
Kira