Old 11-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Ghazanfar Ghori

Default Identify this plant...

You didn't happen to take a closeup of its flower did you?

"Chuck Gadd" wrote in message
Founds lots and lots of what I think is some Echinodorus species
during a hike today.

Here's a picture of a bunch:
http://dev1.cfxc.com/chuck/plant.jpg

Hard to tell from the pic, but the pictured plant was about 2 feet
tall. The flower stalks look just like the flower stalks I've seen
from Echinodorus in my tanks.

The hike wasn't an area that I would have expected to find aquatic
plants. There were hundreds and hundreds of these growing in a
mountain meadow, about 11,000 feet. They were usually next to tiny
mountain brooks, but some of them were in the middle of the field, no
were near the water.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua