Old 11-08-2003, 05:02 PM
rosie readandpost

Default squash leaves with the plague ?

i wonder if this (milk spray) would work on things like hosta?

--
read and post daily, it works!
rosie

Instead of seeing things as imagined, learn to see them as they are. When you can see everything as it is, you will also
see
yourself as you are.
......................Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message ...
Kathy said:

Well yet another mystery in our veggie garden. The zucchini leaves have
white blotches on them. I cut them off and then more get it. Does anyone
have any idea what that might be? How about a cure? Don't know what I would
do with out your help.

White, powdery patches? Or silver-white splotches? The first is a disease
(powdery mildew) and the second a characteristic of some zucchini varieties.

Powdery mildew usually shows up for me sometime in late August when
I'm so tired of summer squash that I don't care if the plants start giving out.
I normally ignore it.

Here's something that may be worth trying, though:

http://www.pioneerthinking.com/tv-mildew.html

I'm off to the store to get cayenne pepper to sprinkle on the leaves that
the rabbits are eating. They plucked one new bean plant off even with the
ground.

I should think a little fence made of chicken wire would be easier and
more reliable. It would only have to be about 18 inches tall...
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)