Old 11-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Garden Report: Squash Borers Wreak Havoc as Japanese Beetles Invade Raspberries

In article ,
Pat Meadows wrote:

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 00:10:31 -0500, Phaedrine Stonebridge
wrote:

On the more humorous side, just as it was starting to turn dark last
evening, I reached down to pluck what I thought was a raspberry, as we
walked in the garden. When I felt fuzz, I backed off. Yes, it was a
gigantic bumblebee! In fact, a whole gaggle of them were sleeping in
the raspberries. Do bumblebees sting?

They sure do, and it really hurts - I've been stung by them
more than once. They don't usually seem to be aggressive,
though.

No I have not usually found them aggressive either. They sure like the
Lamb's Ears!