Old 11-08-2003, 10:37 PM

Default interpet antislime

"Cam" wrote in message ...
.....The root
cause is generally high phosphate levels.

No.
Try very low free nutrient levels(very low NO3 level or none at all),
often high organic levels(Clean your filter/water changes etc).
I can and do routinely add high PO4's , I have never had BGA appear in
any relationship with PO4 dosages when the other nutrients, like
CO2/NO3 etc are in a good range.

BGA/cyanobacteria can live on next to nothing, your plants on the
other hand cannot. Poor plant growth= algae growth.

A 3 day blackout takes less time and is much cheaper than any other
cure out there. Do it and then cure the cause, poor plant growth by
adding enough KNO3 etc to your tank.

The product was more likely for a marine slime algae, not Oscillitoria
sp.
See post with BGA, Cyanobacteria both here and the APD and elsewhere
on the web for a run down of how to do this. It's simple and works
very well.

Regards,
Tom Barr