Old 12-08-2003, 01:14 AM
Rusty Hinge

Default grapes problem

The message
from (billtheburglar) contains these words:

my grapes are turning themselves into raisins, as you can see here
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/rleigh/index.html. It is a 4 year old black
hamburgh and produced four good bunches last year. The vine grows
along the ridge of an unheated greenhouse. It may be too close to the
glass and I might be overcropping it a bit. help please!

They aren't raisins, they're rotting.

A four year old Black Hamburg ought to be carrying more than four bunches.

1) Do you know when to prune?
2) do you know how to prune?
3) are the roots inside or outside the greenhouse?
4) have you any ventilation, and if so, do you use it? (The best way is
to have two roof-lights, one of which opened automatically with a
bi-metal strip.)
5) what fertiliser (if any) are you using?
6) Have you noticed any grey mould on the vine or elsewhere in the greenhouse?

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk excange d.p. with p to reply.