Old 12-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Andy Roberts

Default Identification of small blue flowers please

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:24:43 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Andy Roberts wrote in
:

Please can some kind sould identify the small blue flowers in the
picture at
http://tinyurl.co.uk/xi6f

The french name for them would also be handy but I expect I can look
that up from the English or Latin.

Hey! this one I know!

In english: Lobelia or trailing lobelia
in latin : Lobelia erinus

it's an annual which will self-seed in warm climates: popular for hanging
baskets, but does need plenty of water. Lots of colours are available, and
I'm not sure of the variety name of this particular one.

Victoria

Many thanks to Victoria and Iris,

You're right they must be lobelia - they're not really blue at all,
some shade of purple.