Old 12-08-2003, 11:13 AM
Andy Roberts

Default Identification of small blue flowers please

Please can some kind sould identify the small blue flowers in the
picture at
http://tinyurl.co.uk/xi6f

The french name for them would also be handy but I expect I can look
that up from the English or Latin.

( The large pink ones are surfinias )

Thanks,

Andy Roberts
Old 12-08-2003, 11:26 AM
Barry & Iris McCanna

"Andy Roberts" wrote in message

Please can some kind sould identify the small blue flowers in the
picture at
http://tinyurl.co.uk/xi6f

The french name for them would also be handy but I expect I can look
that up from the English or Latin.

( The large pink ones are surfinias )

Thanks,

Andy Roberts

Andy,

Pretty sure they are lobelia. The french name is: Lobelie.

HTH
Iris McCanna

Old 12-08-2003, 11:26 AM
Victoria Clare

Andy Roberts wrote in
:

Please can some kind sould identify the small blue flowers in the
picture at
http://tinyurl.co.uk/xi6f

The french name for them would also be handy but I expect I can look
that up from the English or Latin.

Hey! this one I know!

In english: Lobelia or trailing lobelia
in latin : Lobelia erinus

it's an annual which will self-seed in warm climates: popular for hanging
baskets, but does need plenty of water. Lots of colours are available, and
I'm not sure of the variety name of this particular one.

Victoria
Old 12-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Andy Roberts

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:24:43 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Andy Roberts wrote in
:

Please can some kind sould identify the small blue flowers in the
picture at
http://tinyurl.co.uk/xi6f

The french name for them would also be handy but I expect I can look
that up from the English or Latin.

Hey! this one I know!

In english: Lobelia or trailing lobelia
in latin : Lobelia erinus

it's an annual which will self-seed in warm climates: popular for hanging
baskets, but does need plenty of water. Lots of colours are available, and
I'm not sure of the variety name of this particular one.

Victoria

Many thanks to Victoria and Iris,

You're right they must be lobelia - they're not really blue at all,
some shade of purple.
Old 13-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Nick Gray

"Andy Roberts" wrote in message

Please can some kind sould identify the small blue flowers in the
picture at
http://tinyurl.co.uk/xi6f

The french name for them would also be handy but I expect I can look
that up from the English or Latin.

( The large pink ones are surfinias )

Thanks,

Andy Roberts

Hi Andy,

The small blue ones are Lobelia (Lobelia erinus) - Sapphire trailing or
Crystal Palace
The large pink ones are Petunia (Solanaceae) - probably Resisto Series

HTH

Cheers

Nick