Old 12-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Sharon

Default Plumeria

On 8/11/03 7:52 PM, animaux wrote:
Knowing absolutely nothing about Plumeria, I bought one last spring for a few
dollars, about a foot tall. In one year it has grown to about 9 feet tall. It
has two main stalks, both with foliage and ongoing flowers in the center.

I've read that, in winter to dig it out of the container and store it dry in a
closet and plant in again in spring and it will survive. Is this true? If it
is, I'll have a much larger spot for it than in my greenhouse, which has a
center height of nine feet.

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:58:03 GMT, "MLW" wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I planted my seeds somewhat like that except that
I did not let the seeds set overnight in a damp paper towel. It's been a
week now. The seeds looked link of "old" when I planted them but I'm
told that is normally. I guess I'll soon find out if mine germinate. I'm
misting them daily.

Thanks,
Sharon

Good luck with them. I can't wait for mine to bloom but there's no sign of
that yet on any of them. I gave a couple to my daughter. I'll have to ask
her how they're doing.
Mary

Here is another good site on Plumeria I found through the "Gardening in
Arizona" forum. The discussions here is what got me so interested in
Plumeria. http://www.plumeria101.com/index.html

Sharon