Old 13-08-2003, 12:48 AM
Rusty Hinge

Default grapes problem

The message
from (billtheburglar) contains these words:

Thank you for the response. 1 yes 2 yes 3 inside 4 yes and yes 5
manure water plus tomato feed 6 no

Too much nitrogen, I'd guess. You should not give grape vines any extra
nitrogen, or they will produce loads of long, lush laterals, loads of
leaves, and very few grapes.

The French advise burying a (dead!) donkey and planting your vine on
that. A load of old bones and old shoes, woollens etc would do just as
well. (Works wonders for rhubarb and runner bean trenches too.)

I don't know what to say about where you've planted it - it's much
better planted outside the greenhouse, but short of moving the
greenhouse or the vine......

--
Rusty
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk excange d.p. with p to reply.