Old 03-02-2003, 04:23 AM
Cricket

Default Brown Turkey figs?

You can probably grow the Hardy Chicago variety with just a touch of winter
protection. simple things can work. One year, I cut my figs back (in the
same zone as you're in) to 5' and surrounded them with T Posts and wrapped
bailing twine around the whole thing. I filled the structure leaves and
covered it with plastic, took it down in spring, and oooh! We had good figs
the next year.

--
Please see our website of gardening products at
http://www.southernexposure.com

Peace

Cricket
"Jane" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,
Does anyone know if I can grow Brown Turkey figs in zone 6.5 Maryland
without taking the tree inside during winter? And which edible tree

sources
are reliable?
Thanks for your time.

Jane