Old 13-08-2003, 04:14 AM
Pat Meadows

Default Garden Report: Squash Borers Wreak Havoc as Japanese Beetles Invade Raspberries

On 12 Aug 2003 23:46:18 GMT, oway (Tyra
Trevellyn) wrote:

I can't tell you how many times I've grabbed a bumblebee by mistake, usually
whilst deadheading, when they're having a snooze under or inside a faded
flower. All I get is a warning buzz; I've never been stung.

Don't. Once a bumblebee flew up inside my
(loose-fitting) shorts when I was weeding the garden - I
didn't know what it was and slapped at it and it stung me on
the backside. OUCH!

I found out what it was after it had stung me, because
slapping at it killed it and it fell out of my shorts when I
took them off.

I couldn't sit comfortably for a couple of days.

Another time, I was driving with my daughter and a HUGE
bumblebee flew in the open car window and landed on her
hand, and stung her. It was probably afraid and confused at
that point.

Pat