Old 13-08-2003, 04:22 AM
Bill R

Default Want to Pick Gourds in Time for Gourd Festival!

sarab wrote:
My 6 yr. old daughter has grown some terrific snake gourds from plants
I bought at her kindergarten plant sale. A couple of them are 3 ft.
long. The gourd plant itself is starting to look beaten; leaves, vine
turning brown in some places. But - the stems of the gourds
themselves are still thriving.

If we picked them now, is there any chance they would cure properly in
5 wks? The annual state gourd festival is in early Sept. and my
daughter would love to enter the 10yr and younger "gourd animal"
division! If not, there's always the state fair in two months -

Thanks!

There is a lot of information on the net about curing
gourds. This Google link is a good place to start:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...gourds&spell=1
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850