Old 13-08-2003, 05:06 AM
Mickey

Default Why do Lillies need water depth?

I am not sure about the deeper water part. I can tell you that lilies in
general send out shoots to figure out what depth they are at. Then send out
longer shoots until they reach the top. I your case when you moved the
lilies to a deeper area they probably were in shock because they couldn't
find the surface.
"Carl Beyer" wrote in message
I have a hardy lilly in my little pond, when I lowered it earlier this
year it nearly crapped out, so I raised it back up to about an inch or
two under water and it has gone like gang busters. Now it is fading a
bit (it has been hot in LA, though).

Anywy, just wondering why the say to put it deep, yet mine seems to be
doing just fine near the surface.

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com