Old 13-08-2003, 05:18 AM
Jody

Default What can I breed?

I think it can depend on when the fish are introduced as well. In my case,
I had added a male after the female had already been in place and had the
run of the tank. Once a male was introduced (a few different times), she
harassed it to death pretty quickly. Maybe it is more indicative of
"cichlid" behavior than a sex thing - hard to say for sure.

Jody

"Rich Conley" wrote in message
.. .
I dunno...while its true that the female gets aggressive...I have had way

more
males kill females than the other way around.

Jody wrote:

It may depend on your pH. If it stays much above 7 then angels and

kribs
might not perform too well, but maybe. If the kribs spawn, then the

female
will become very aggressive and defensive, possibly even killing the

male.
But, in a 55g there is probably room for everyone. The kribs will need

some
type of cave to spawn. Most breeders use terra-cotta flower pots turned

on
their side or upside down with a cave entrance cut into the rim.
thekrib.com has all kinds of info on dwarf cichlids and how to breed

them.
They are great additions to planted tanks.

Jody

"b." wrote in message
I have a 55g planted tank and I am currently looking for a unique fish

breed within it. The fish that I currently have in this tank are

about 20
glow light tetras, 15 neons, 4 SAE's, red tail shark and 4 corys. I

was
looking for a fish that is easy to breed but not prolific (ie guppy,

platy).
If anyone has an idea for a nice size fish that would look good in

this
tank
please let me know what it is and where I can find info on it.

Thanks.