Old 13-08-2003, 06:13 AM
Shiva

Default planting a cut rose

jammer wrote:

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:45:12 GMT, "mt2"
wrote:

I doubt if you can do that with a rose from a florist, however you can do it with a rose cut

fresh from a rose bush. If you have any clippings from neighbors or friends, you simply place the
cut end of the clipped rose in rooting hormone to coat the end and plant in the ground in a sunny
place. It will root there and grow. I have two clippings doing well two weeks later using that
manner of propagating.

Can you do it without rooting hormone?

Probably not, and why would you want to? RH is not expensive. You can get
it at Lowes or Home Depot or any garden center.