Old 13-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Garden Report: Squash Borers Wreak Havoc as Japanese Beetles Invade Raspberries

Tyra Trevellyn said:

I can't tell you how many times I've grabbed a bumblebee by mistake, usually
whilst deadheading, when they're having a snooze under or inside a faded
flower. All I get is a warning buzz; I've never been stung. Sometimes I
almost want to test my luck and pet one.

Do it! Pet one! I do it. Mostly in the evening when they are settling down,
Sometimes they push at me with a leg, but I've never been stung.

So far I've only seen two Japanese beetles (and squished both). One was
on the raspberries and the other was on the zinnias.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)