Old 13-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Garden Report: Squash Borers Wreak Havoc as Japanese Beetles Invade Raspberries

In article ,
(Pat Kiewicz) wrote:

Tyra Trevellyn said:

I can't tell you how many times I've grabbed a bumblebee by mistake, usually
whilst deadheading, when they're having a snooze under or inside a faded
flower. All I get is a warning buzz; I've never been stung. Sometimes I
almost want to test my luck and pet one.

Do it! Pet one! I do it. Mostly in the evening when they are settling
down,
Sometimes they push at me with a leg, but I've never been stung.

So cool.

So far I've only seen two Japanese beetles (and squished both). One was
on the raspberries and the other was on the zinnias.

We have an infestation of them here in Missouri this year. Everyone we
know here is complaining about them.