Old 13-08-2003, 07:43 PM
cross

Default Apologies - Pruning Stuff

Also an established Laurel hedge. I've trimmed this before but must have
cut off all the potential flowering bits cos we've not had flowers except

on
the bit I couldn't reach :-( Is there a right time for this too in order

retain the flowers?

Step-over apple trees. Newly planted this spring but wondering if I need

trim sideshoots yet and if so, by how much?

Rose, Ispahan - when and by how much?

Rambling rose, Viechenblau (sp?) with bad attack of black spot and almost

no
---------
Starting at the bottom,

Viechenblau can be pruned back now to tidy it up, but does not have to be
pruned, being a rambler.

Step-over apple trees, should have side shoots pruned to 3 or 4 leaves, I
think.

I don't think that laurel hedges are usually left to flower. The normal
cutting routine removes the flowering shoots. If you leave it to flower
first it will be more tree than hedge ;-)

Marina
E. Sx
ps. Will look up Rosa Ispahan