Old 13-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Lyne

Default planted this Spring - plums thriving, apples pitiful

I planted 2 apples and 2 plums at about the same time this Spring.
They are all within 50 feet of each other. The plums are thriving and
the apple trees really look pitiful. I fertilized them the same and
tilled the soil in an 8' circle for all 4, mixing in some mulch and
sand. The only difference is that I think I had a little bit more
mulch when I planted the plums. Since the conditions and sunlight and
soil are the same, what could account for the difference?

Remove SPAMDEFENSE in address to reply.