Old 13-08-2003, 10:22 PM
MacTech

Default African Violet Leaf Starting to Root? ...

I should think that after being in water for several weeks, if the
leaf isn't starting to rot by now, then it's probably a viable leaf.
I've never started African violets by putting the leaves in water,
although I have started plants by planting the leaves directly into
potting soil. I'm not an African violet expert by any means, but I do
keep a few plants. They were my mother's favorite plant — mostly
because it was the one thing she couldn't kill. You can read a story
about my mother and her African violets he

http://www.ruralroute2.com/violets.html

Good luck with your African violets!

LeAnn

author of —
Christmas In Dairyland (True Stories From a Wisconsin Farm)

Click here to sign up for Rural Route 2 updates and to read sample
chapters and other Rural Route 2 stories:

http://ruralroute2.com