Old 13-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Gale Pearce

Default My pond

Your pump should be running 24/7 - at night it will help aerate your pond
with the waterfall and if you have a bio-filter, it will never work without
water constantly being pumped through it - I have Iris's in my pond (water
iris) but have them planted as marginals on a 12" shelf - if you have fish ,
they are eating your duckweed - they love it
Sounds like you have things pretty well figured out, except for the pump
thing - mine only stops to do maintenance on it or the filter
Gale :~)
from all the advice ive been getting on this newsgroup my pond is slowly

but
surlely cleaning up.... it seems as if after the night when the pump isnt
running the pond looks clearer in the AM. than when it goes on ( the pump
supplys the waterfall ) through out the day theres a build up of floating
chunks of algea, and the water has less clarity. am i pushing to much

water
around? should i be running the pump throughout the whole day 24/7 ? so if
anyone has any advice on that id love to hear it...im also putting some
plants right before the waterfall, does this help? 2 more things, i have
some iris's that im potting and adding them into my pond. is this worth
doing?? and will they survive in 2 feet of water? the last thing is....i
have duckweed growing naturally in in a small creek behind my house, when
ever i take a hand full of em and put em in my pond, theyre gone the next
day!, i dont think theyre going out the drainage....any advice?
THANX ALOT!!!!!