Old 14-08-2003, 06:03 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default how do I stop a ginko tree from fruiting?

You can't stop the tree from "fruiting".

Since the Ginkgo is a gymnosperm, technically they are not fruit but are
actually seeds with a fleshy coat.

Jonathan Johnson wrote in message
Hi - hope someone her can help me, I have a female Ginko tree thats going

fruit out in front of my building.

Its a nice looking tree, problem is, the fruit smells like VOMIT. And no
matter what i do to clean it up, it stinks in front of MY building and the
neighbors give me the stink-eye in return (which can be dangerous in
brooklyn...)

i can't kill the tree (and don' really want to), its in front of my house

but
technically belongs to the city.

any suggestions on how to stop the tree from fruiting?

the only info i could find was a reference giberellic acid retarding

budding.

if nobody knows how to stop the fruiting, I'd settle for an idea on

something
to clean the sidewalk that could stop the stench...powerwashing is out
because i would splash the rotting fruit onto the neighbors cars...even

more
dangerous.

please help, stink season is fast approaching!!