Old 14-08-2003, 06:09 AM
FBCS

Default Well Water

I have always done large changes (25% or more) espesially when I accidently
drain my pond or fall in when cleaning. Fish seem happy enough, but I have
a terrible time with water clarity.
"Barbara2245" wrote in message
m...
"FBCS" wrote in message

If I have well water is iron a problem to the pond/fish?

My well water comes from a 115 foot deep well. I do 30-50% water
changes. Thios spring I cleaned the bottom of the pond after emptying
all the water.I refilled the pond with three hoses but always make
sure I spray the water in from one hose. The fish were put in the pond
after it was filled. The temps were in the 60's. No fish died. The
water is hard and the pH is 8.4. Happy water gardening.