Old 14-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Linda W.

Default African Violet Leaf Starting to Root? ...

Phisherman wrote in message . ..
You will get a much stronger plant if you transfer the leaf to moist
vermiculite. This will provide more air to the roots and grow a
sturdier root system. In water, when you remove the rooted leaf, the
roots will cling together in one mass.

Thank you very much.

Vermiculite was mentioned to me when I first started to root this
leaf. I went to a local garden center but was unable to find it.

Could you tell me a little bit more about it? Is it like soil? Does
it come in a package? Small or large package?

And then, if I find it -- would it likely have instructions on the
package as to how to use it with the leaf?

Right now, the leaf only has one little sort of strand of root,
perhaps a quarter inch long, and a few tinier ones.

I would appreciate any information about vermiculite so that I might
be able to find it.

Many thanks!

Linda W.