Old 14-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Jim W

Default Success with Ipomeas

WasTA wrote:

Finall after 9 years of trying to grow them, the first flower on Tues
followed by one on Wed. Haven't actually seen them on all their'glory'
thopugh, as they were only starting to open as I left for work, and had
finished by the time I returned. Funny old orld gardening.

Indeed.. I jsut so em straight into the troughs/pots/baskets that I want
them in.. THey come up when the temperature is warm enough for them..

Seem to be pretty tough around here.. THis year I have some self seeded
in the front garden (south facing).. Healthiest looking plants I ever
saw of Ipomea.. Big leaves, gorgeous flowers.

Still this is London;-) We're not normal here ya know;-)
//
Jim

North London, England, UK