Old 14-08-2003, 09:19 AM
WasTA

Default Success with Ipomeas

Finall after 9 years of trying to grow them, the first flower on Tues
followed by one on Wed. Haven't actually seen them on all their'glory'
thopugh, as they were only starting to open as I left for work, and had
finished by the time I returned. Funny old orld gardening.

Trevor

East Yorkshire

(ps sowed May planted out in early June once night mins were consistently
over 10C)

---

Old 14-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Pickle

"WasTA" wrote in message
Finall after 9 years of trying to grow them, the first flower on Tues
followed by one on Wed. Haven't actually seen them on all their'glory'
thopugh, as they were only starting to open as I left for work, and had
finished by the time I returned. Funny old orld gardening.

My first Heavenly Blue opened today!
I also had trouble growing them, they germinated fine but died the minute I
put them out of doors - too cold I guess.

Old 14-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 08:56:58 +0100, "WasTA"
wrote:

Finall after 9 years of trying to grow them, the first flower on Tues
followed by one on Wed. Haven't actually seen them on all their'glory'
thopugh, as they were only starting to open as I left for work, and had
finished by the time I returned. Funny old orld gardening.

I hate to say this but mine have been flowering for about a month. I
have no greenhouse but keep them indoors till June and then harden off
gradually. It is the cold nights that get them so I put them out by
day and in at night for a while. Try it next year.
Enjoy from now on.

Pam in Bristol
Old 14-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Mike Lyle

"Pickle" wrote in message ...
"WasTA" wrote in message
Finall after 9 years of trying to grow them, the first flower on Tues
followed by one on Wed. Haven't actually seen them on all their'glory'
thopugh, as they were only starting to open as I left for work, and had
finished by the time I returned. Funny old orld gardening.

My first Heavenly Blue opened today!
I also had trouble growing them, they germinated fine but died the minute I
put them out of doors - too cold I guess.

Since you like that sort of thing, I've got some bindweed you can have...

Mike.
Old 14-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Jim W

WasTA wrote:

Finall after 9 years of trying to grow them, the first flower on Tues
followed by one on Wed. Haven't actually seen them on all their'glory'
thopugh, as they were only starting to open as I left for work, and had
finished by the time I returned. Funny old orld gardening.

Indeed.. I jsut so em straight into the troughs/pots/baskets that I want
them in.. THey come up when the temperature is warm enough for them..

Seem to be pretty tough around here.. THis year I have some self seeded
in the front garden (south facing).. Healthiest looking plants I ever
saw of Ipomea.. Big leaves, gorgeous flowers.

Still this is London;-) We're not normal here ya know;-)
//
Jim

North London, England, UK

Old 15-08-2003, 05:42 PM
WasTA

Still this is London;-) We're not normal here ya know;-)
//

thats true!!

---