Old 14-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Sally Thompson

Default Horizontal plants - ideas please

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:38:07 +0100, "Pam Morris"
wrote:

Can anyone suggest/recommend horizonal growing plants - preferably
evergreen, low maintenance & fast(ish) growing. The only one I can think of
is the prostrate cotoneaster and that's only because I already have one of
them! Planting position will be a south facing, slightly sloped gravel bed.

What about a prostrate yew such as Taxus baccata 'Summer Gold' or one
of the prostrate junipers, such as juniperus communis 'Green Carpet'
or juniperus squamata 'Blue Carpet'? Not quite sure how fast they
grow, though.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Remove the LIZARD to email reply