Old 14-08-2003, 09:42 PM
madgardener

Default you know when you've had too much rain when..........

no takers, then, Valkyrie?? I don't mind all the moisture this year (well,
the clay tends to obey gravity rules and is pushing my retaining wall more
and more but I live up on a ridge..........inadequate drainage is an
oxymoron around here with the clay soil we have and all this rain we've been
getting. I almost don't know how to act with two days no rain........except
the humidity reading at the moment as sunny and HOT it is outside is saying
62% and temperature on the east side of the house where the indicator is
says 91o, sooooooooooo I bet it FEELS like it's closer to 100o today and
that's more like August in Eastern Tennessee............madgardener
"Valkyrie" wrote in message

"madgardener" wrote in message
.. .
Ok, lets start a thread here............
Here's mine-
"you know when you've had too much rain when: the daylilies at the

nursery
where you work grow baby daylilies WITH ROOTS just below where the spent
blossoms were on top. (I have cut them off and am rooting them
successfully, I might add, and they're a patented variety, too EG)

you
just can't mess with Mom's Nature......madgardener

I live in the Puget Sound area of the Pacific Northwest, Mad.....there is

no
such thing as "too much rain"...... just inadequate drainage ;-)

With lovely green moss growing on her north side,
Val