Old 14-08-2003, 08:02 PM
madgardener

Default you know when you've had too much rain when..........

Ok, lets start a thread here............
Here's mine-
"you know when you've had too much rain when: the daylilies at the nursery
where you work grow baby daylilies WITH ROOTS just below where the spent
blossoms were on top. (I have cut them off and am rooting them
successfully, I might add, and they're a patented variety, too EG) you
just can't mess with Mom's Nature......madgardener

Old 14-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Valkyrie

"madgardener" wrote in message
.. .
Ok, lets start a thread here............
Here's mine-
"you know when you've had too much rain when: the daylilies at the nursery
where you work grow baby daylilies WITH ROOTS just below where the spent
blossoms were on top. (I have cut them off and am rooting them
successfully, I might add, and they're a patented variety, too EG) you
just can't mess with Mom's Nature......madgardener

I live in the Puget Sound area of the Pacific Northwest, Mad.....there is no
such thing as "too much rain"...... just inadequate drainage ;-)

With lovely green moss growing on her north side,
Val

Old 14-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Roy Hauer

I have cut grass more often this year alone than I think have cut it
totally in the last 5 or so years. Even my centipede is growing crazy
and overnight......

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:39:37 -0400, "madgardener"
wrote:

x-Ok, lets start a thread here............
x-Here's mine-
x-"you know when you've had too much rain when: the daylilies at the nursery
x-where you work grow baby daylilies WITH ROOTS just below where the spent
x-blossoms were on top. (I have cut them off and am rooting them
x-successfully, I might add, and they're a patented variety, too EG) you
x-just can't mess with Mom's Nature......madgardener
x-
x-

--
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
Old 14-08-2003, 09:42 PM
madgardener

no takers, then, Valkyrie?? I don't mind all the moisture this year (well,
the clay tends to obey gravity rules and is pushing my retaining wall more
and more but I live up on a ridge..........inadequate drainage is an
oxymoron around here with the clay soil we have and all this rain we've been
getting. I almost don't know how to act with two days no rain........except
the humidity reading at the moment as sunny and HOT it is outside is saying
62% and temperature on the east side of the house where the indicator is
says 91o, sooooooooooo I bet it FEELS like it's closer to 100o today and
that's more like August in Eastern Tennessee............madgardener

Old 15-08-2003, 12:03 AM
animaux

Ah, too much rain. We have not enough rain. But since it did actually rain
three tenths of an inch, my Stella's are setting buds to bloom again. I have 50
quart containers with red yucca I started from seed.

Tomorrow is the "holy" day to weed the gardens. I can hardly wait.

Oh, did you know that Rit Dye company now sells something you can wash your
clothes with to give them a 30 sun protection factor? It's not expensive and it
lasts for up to 30 washings.

I am washing my hats, gloves, linen shirts I garden in and my leggings. I am so
covered when I garden not a square inch is exposed.

Tangent...sorry.

Old 15-08-2003, 06:09 AM
Judy and Dave G

"madgardener" wrote in message
.. .
Ok, lets start a thread here............
Here's mine-
"you know when you've had too much rain when:

The slugs in my flower garden have climbed up on the
mini-3-rail-fence-surround to save themselves from drowning! (Not kidding.
I found 12 of them. They are no more)

Judy

Old 15-08-2003, 01:02 PM
Allview

Here in Ohio the toadstools may take over. I have never seen them so big and
so numerous.

Marilyn
Old 15-08-2003, 04:12 PM
MLEBLANCA

Your trout lilies swim out to the street

Waterlilies start to grow in your driveway

Emilie
Old 16-08-2003, 01:22 AM
madgardener