Old 14-08-2003, 10:02 PM
John Bachman

Default Lawn Tractor Question

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:42:09 GMT, (BroJack)
wrote:

Run the 18 HP Cub Cadet 90 minutes, take a break for an hour, then the
Cub won't start, regardless of whether I use full choke, partial
choke, or no choke. Battery is OK. Next day, tractor starts fine, no
problems.

Is the engine still overheated after a one-hour rest? Any tips.

I do not have specific information on that model but it sounds like a
vapor lock. Somewhere, the fuel line runs past something hot, like
exhaust or too close to the engine block. The heat vaporizes the fuel
after you stop the engine. It would then not start again until it
cools down.

Trace the fuel line and see if you can locate a hot spot. Then
reroute the line away from that area.

JMHO

John