Old 15-08-2003, 02:03 AM
Jerrispond

Default new pond owner questions

1 - Do I need to remove the goldfish and shubunkins to an indoor aquarium or
something for the winter? It gets cold here but not terribly.It is a lined

pond about 6x8x2' deep. Idon't *think* the water would freeze solid but would
expect the top fewinches might at the worst part of the winter since the water
wouldn't bemoving then.

If the water doesn't freeze to the bottom, and there is an air hole the fish
will be fine. Go to a feed store and get a stock pond heater....They will also
tell youthere if your water will freeze solid. You can go to a pond or pet
shop....but they will sell you something much fancier and 10 times the amount.
Where do you live? I know people in Minn. and Wisc. who leave their fish out
in ponds not much deeper than yours.....Jerri