Old 15-08-2003, 03:22 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Why do Lillies need water depth?

"adavisus" wrote in message
om...
Over most parts of the water lilies range, the rhisome of a water lily
can be vulnerable to freezing killing them in a hard Winter.
Additionally, many critters will go to town grazing on easily reached
stems and rhisomes, ducks can easily destroy a water lily in shallow
water.

snip

I got a pink lily at Petschmart for $2.99 last weekend. I planted it
according to instructions. Yesterday, I noticed the whole tubor is gone. So
much for putting in shallow water, near my critter entry point. *sigh*

BV.