Old 15-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Wendy

Default Laelia lobata alba

Hi Mariana, Funniest thing, I was just asking my mentor about the L. lobata
he gave me. He said to hang it in the highest light possible & rest it in
winter.
My plant is more than 5 years old & never bloomed.....so it is going
outside!
Cheers Wendy
"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message
. net...
I recently got my hands on this seedling. It has 5 growths with either

one
or two leaves. And at the present time, two of the growths are yellowing.
It's in a two and half inch pot and is in bark media. As I understand

this
particular species does well in baskets, and does not like root

disturbance.
The only information that I was able to dig up on this orchid is that it's
from Brazil and produces two to five flowers from March to July.

Currently
it is about 5" in height.
I would like to move it into a wooden basket but I'm not sure what to use

as
potting media. Can I get some information on how to handle this

situation,
and how to pot this orchid into a basket. I have several size baskets,

all
wooden, some square some round, some shallow others are deep.
Information greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance,

Mariana
In a very steamy NYC