Old 15-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Chris Owens

Default garden kneeler

Gloria Lenon wrote:

Has anyone tried the kneeler for weeding beds? Does it help? I have a bad
back, fibromyalgia and a darned right arm that likes to hurt! Really, does
this help do the gardening?

For a while there, when I could still walk, I had trouble getting
up and down. My kneeler was INVALUABLE as an assistant in this
process. It was also a wonderful, lightweight moveable seat for
doing anything that I could get at by being 18" off the ground.
Personally, I found it less helpful as an actual kneeler because
the inconvenience of having to constantly reposition it as I
moved along was less than the value of the padding. For that, a
pair of shin guards -- the kind with hard plastic outside and
soft padding -- worked much better. The result of this, of
course, was that I'd use the kneeler to get down; then find
myself pretty far away when I wanted to get back up. My DH was
constantly having to bring it to me until I got really good at
working in circles.

Chris Owens