Old 15-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Carl Beyer

Default Why do Lillies need water depth?

In article ,
"BenignVanilla" wrote:

"Carl Beyer" wrote in message
snip
Thank you very much for the info... great explanation. But other than
damage done by animals, freezing and potential over growing, there
appears to be no reason to lower the lilly?

snip

My big lily is in almost 2 feet of water. When I dropped it in, nothing was
above the surface, but it quickly rose to the occasion. It has mostly stayed
in one area, I think because it used it's growth to surface, it is not using
more to spread. So maybe deep water, is a nice containment idea as well?

BV.

That would make sense... My lilly you can seee the pot clear as day,
and the leaves never grow straigth up. I wonder if I lowered it just 6"
more as suggested.

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com