Old 15-08-2003, 09:02 PM
The Popovics

Default Just picked my first tomatoes!!!!!!

My husband and I built a raised bed for tomatoes this year, and I got carried
away and planted 22 plants. I just came from the tomato patch- I picked two
Cherokee Purple and one Celebrity. The purple ones were small, and beginning
to crack. The remaining tomatoes are much bigger, but not turning ripe yet. I
have one more Celebrity to pick in a couple of days. This is the first time
I've planted either variety- this year is a big experiment, trying several
different kinds of tomatoes. I know it has been a bad year- what a time to try
a project like this!!!!!!!!!

Caroline in Pittsburgh, Pa.