Old 15-08-2003, 10:46 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Rooting in a gel

"Andrew Barnett" wrote in message

Why has the concept disappeared from the scene?

What was the gel which was used?

[Franz Heymann]

The product in the UK was Fisons Clearcut.

You've rung a bell. That was it.

The company spent a small fortune on advertising the product in various
media including TV, and it sold like hot cakes - but as soon as they
stopped advertising, it stopped selling...

It just wasn't profitable, and ISTR it had a restricted shelf-life,
which meant that Garden Centres and wholesalers didn't want to stock it
if it didn't turn over fast enough to avoid wastage.

That might explain its demise.

I wonder if "gel2root" will have a similar fate.
I suspect that Fothergill's ought to try harder. I have now failed to find
it in 3 large garden centres.

Franz