Old 15-08-2003, 11:43 PM
Lee

Default garden kneeler

"Gloria Lenon" wrote in message om...
Has anyone tried the kneeler for weeding beds? Does it help? I have a bad
back, fibromyalgia and a darned right arm that likes to hurt! Really, does
this help do the gardening?

thought i'd like to have one but after seeing the price tag.... i'm
too stingy to buy one. i think that, as others have noted, that it is
hard to have to get off of it to move it every few feet or so. what
has helped me more than anything.. still have to move it frequently
however... is a new 5 gallon paint bucket with a lid. with its lid
side up i can sit comfortably on it, pick it up by its bail to move it
and use a large walking stick, like a shilali, to help me get up and
down. i think the kneeler would be good to help one get up and down
probably more than the shilali, as in my case my hands and wrists are
in not too great a condition.

i think what i need to do is to learn to use a long handled hoe or
scuffling tool to do a lot of the weeding or cultivating rather than
having to bend or sit or kneel.
lee