Old 16-08-2003, 12:22 AM
bnd777

Default Does compost need turning in a dalek bin

"hugo agogo" wrote in message
om...
"bnd777" wrote in message

Much better to have several bins made out of palletts pulled apart and

put
back together in a solid shape

Any tips on how to take pallets apart? Last time I tried, the nails
were so effective that I gave up, fearing I would give myself a hernia
instead.

Some pallets are made using wire nails and yes these will not come apart
easily at all
You need to watch out for those with slats that are stapled ........also
some now come as solid slatted pallets .......if you can get these you wont
need to pull them apart..........use 2 complete and the other 2 you need to
saw off the edge frame on both sides so you can nail the free ends of the
slats to the 2 complete ones

Band Q also seem to sell ovens or something on small palletts (and folk
litter the car park with them ) that only have a 4 by 2 on each edge not
also down the centre .......i saw the slats off those ......then knock off
the remaining bits of wood ......hammer in the nails and i have 4by 2
timbers plus slats to make into a solid bin

You just have to use ingenuity