Old 16-08-2003, 01:02 AM
abartoo

Default ove-rwintering plants

I live in zone 5. My pond is about 500 gal. roughly. The main plant I was
wanting to over-winter were the hyacinths. the potted plants I was going to
trim back and put them in the deep part of the pond which is about 32 in.
deep.
andy

"abart
oo" wrote in message
Has anyone had much luck over-wintering plants. This will be my first
winter as a pond owner and I was wanting to try it out. How should I do

it.
Just put them in a container with some water from the pond and give them
light? Will artificial light, such as a florescent fixture, be o.k. Do I
still fertilize as often or not?
andy