Old 16-08-2003, 01:22 AM
NewsUser

Default garden kneeler

"Lee" wrote in message
om...
"Gloria Lenon" wrote in message

om...
Has anyone tried the kneeler for weeding beds? Does it help? I have a

bad
back, fibromyalgia and a darned right arm that likes to hurt! Really,

does
this help do the gardening?

I've got a seat that turns over for kneeling. It's fine for sitting, but I
haven't tried kneeling on it. My lower back starts hurting when I'm in a
sitting position bending over to work so this isn't the best solution for
me. Also, one of my knees is awfully fussy and doesn't like to bend at all,
much less bear weight, so I've avoided using the overturned chair for
kneeling. But, I bought a pair of knee pads at Home Depot that are like
kneeling on a cloud! These things were made for construction work, not
gardening, and have a hard plastic side lined with some kind of foam that is
wonderfully soft yet supportive. I worked on my knees for several hours
without any pain!

Karen