Old 16-08-2003, 10:02 AM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default CARIBBEAN PLANTS AND FLOWERS

Janatrude schreef
(Denise) Nothing so sinister or glamorous. I write for "The Caribbean

Star" but am not myself from the West Indies or up on botany. I would like
to find a listing of plants and flowers that originated in the Caribbean so
I can find out if they are carried in our botanical gardens or some of our
garden shops and inform my readers of stores that carry West Indian plants
and/or flowers.

+ + +
If you want to write stories that require a great deal of background then
there is no substitute for doing some work.

If all that is required is some story about plants available in stores
(Where? Trying "Caribbean Star" in Google shows an airline first and
foremost) then check the stores for such plants and ask the personnel. Then
check to see if this was just a sales pitch or had substance.

Plants in botanical gardens will be a different matter entirely.
PvR