Old 16-08-2003, 10:32 AM
Chris Owens

Default Saving my Ivy (Hedera Helix)

Jonas Voss wrote:

I have an Ivy in my flat, but I am not sure which variety it is. I'll
provide some photos of its miserable state he

http://verture.net/img/ivy/

It has been growing happily up until now, where it has been without
regular watering for a week. I watered it just before I left for a
weeks break, and when I came back it looked like on the pictures.

The soil is moist, which I thought where the optimal thing for
Hederas. The plant is about 2 months old, approximately, and was given
to me by a special friend, which is why I am trying to save it.

Any ideas about what to do to save it? Should I replant it with some
fresh soil? Should I just give it up?

How hot did it get whilst you were away; that ivy looks cooked.
Let the soil become dry to the touch between waterings, and keep
it out of direct sun; it may come back . . . ivy is pretty hardy.

Chris Owens