Old 16-08-2003, 01:02 PM
hugo agogo

Default OT(?): Squirrels And Ultrasonics

"Alan Holmes" wrote

There is only one way to deal with squirrels and that is to obtain a
mink/rat trap from Mole Valley Farmers, branches in Somerset.

As far as I'm aware there is only one squirrel left in our area and
three traps waiting for it, a couple of years ago we were overrun
with the damned things!

Went to harvest our first sweetcorn this morning to find that some
little b****** had been helping themselves. The damage didn't look
badger-like or pigeon-like, and I strongly suspect squirrels, although
I have personally never seen one in the allotments (others have).

Too late to do anything about it this year, but for next year....
Airguns spring to mind, but something more acceptable to my allotment
neighbours might be required. Traps? I had never thought of
trapping until I urg-googled for squirrels. The only problem with
traps is that you either have to release the trappee at a remote
location, or you have to despatch it on the spot (how?)

Looking at Mole Valley Farmers website, I could find no traps for
anything - perhaps they don't sell these items on the net.

Any suggestions?