Old 16-08-2003, 02:12 PM
martin

Default Old hose: harmful compounds?

On 16 Aug 2003 06:01:44 -0700, (Mike Lyle)
wrote:

I think it might be the plasticiser from the PVC leaching into water in the
hose. It's certainly much worse in this hot weather. Does your water smell
bad ? - mine does.

I spray a patch of lawn or something unimportant until the water runs cool
and clear. However harmless the froth might be, I don't want it on my
peppers or tomatoes.

Certainly the first thing I thought of was the plasticiser dropping
out. I do the same with my first pipeful.

You can avoid his problem by buying a hose designed for drinking
water.
--
Martin