Old 16-08-2003, 02:32 PM
PA

Default shieldbug on tomato plant?

Hello
Yesterday when inspecting my tomato plants (which are in a flower bed) I
found two bugs crawling over them, about 10mm long and a little less wide,
with a shield like body, they are light green with the tips of there legs a
light brown colour.
Done a search on google and I think I have identified them as shieldbugs.
Just been out in the garden and I've found some more of them, they don't
seem to be doing any damage, there are a few holes is some leaves, do I need
to get rid of them if so how?
I've looked in my gardening/vegetables books but I can only find a reference
to them damaging trees.
Are they shieldbugs or have I got it wrong.
Thanks
Paul